Friday, September 3, 2010

My new favorite website!

My newfound interest in all things writing--including copyblogging--landed me on one of the best websites quite possibly of all time, www.ittybiz.com. The site owner, Naomi, is a kick-ass burst of complete and total awesomeness that I'm sad I'm JUST now discovering (like, where the hell have I been all this time that I never encountered this site. But, whatever.) and am totally in love with. Like, seriously. I'm in love.

Anyway, one click led to another and I found this post about feeling like a failure when your fledgling small business overwhelms you. I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed right now being that it's so close to Rent Is Due time, I took in a friend who'd fallen on hard times a few months back only to discover that he lives like a college frat boy, refusing to clean up after himself so now I have to evict him along with any traces of our friendship, AND Isayah just moved out to go live with his dad for a year. #yepthatsafail. All the greatness that WAS my life a few weeks back just heaved itself right out the damn window (I think I heard the splatter of lip gloss and the crack of a broken stiletto. And yes, my Greatness wore stilettos. Get over it.) and I'm back to square one. Not cool. So, I was up, looking for inspiration on Copyblogger and some clicks led me to Naomi's site.

*insert a wide-mouthed gasp, blinking eyelashes, and copious amounts of drool>>>here<<<*

This was my holy grail for the night. I never wanted to leave! I read every post, every comment, EVERYTHING. The site offers free marketing courses (and yes, i did sign up for mine), tons and tons of articles, ENCOURAGEMENT for quitting a stupid minion job and following your dream, and I love that she has followers of all kinds, even ones like me. *score!*

check out the site! If you're just starting out as a business, or just thinking about starting a business, this is one of your first stops...that is, if you're anything like me. (read: a total kookjob but totally okay with it)

No comments:

Post a Comment