Monday, June 28, 2010

Confession: Baby Come Back!

So, he did it. He really did it. Isayah's father actually showed up on Saturday to pick him up and keep him for the entire summer. My baby's gone :-( Waaaaaah! The house is so empty and quiet. And while I love the quiet, having him gone--even just for this first few days--has shown me just how much I'd gotten used to having him around. I always complained about not having enough free time, or daydreamed about the sorts of cool hip shit I'd do if I found myself without him for an extended period of time. Saturday night, I caught a movie with Reina. Sunday I lounged by the pool (in the effin heat) with friends. My friend Tony brought steamed spiced shrimp
(that we DEVOURED) and some music and we frolicked poolside for the better part of the day. It was ridiculously hot so I didn't actually start to enjoy myself until later when it began to cool off, but it was still better than sitting in the house alone. Once they left, i watched a movie that eventually bored me to tears so I turned it off and continued to read my proofreading book. After that, i played solitaire on my phone for about an hour.

No, really. I played Solitaire.

Seriously.

Thankfully I can blame that on the fact that Sunday's are boring days unless there's something great to watch on TV...which I don't have (TV or cable)...so it all came down to Solitaire.

*Sigh* That was incredibly cool, hip shit, man.

Good times.

1 comment:

  1. You better figure out some great things to get into while Isayah is away! *lol* I'll make it my mission to see and hang out with you at least twice! =)

    ReplyDelete