Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Confession: it's pandemonium in here!

Maaaaaan, W.I.T.H????

Let me just preface this by saying I have NEVER, not EVER, been with a company that dissolved into nothingness so this is all very very VERY new to me. When we all got the news that our buyout wouldn't go through, everyone was understandably shocked but prepared. Business was going on as usual, which was strange to me, but I just went with it. That said, over the past few days, there has been increasing tension between my boss and the current owner. The owner (in Germany) keeps calling demanding that we pay him money, threatening to fire everyone (ha!), cursing everyone out, etc. My boss has stopped taking his calls, but he won't stop calling, lol. So every time he calls and we say "____ is unavailable/at lunch/on the phone" he screams "i know he's there, you BASTARDS!! put him on the phone!!"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The problem is, at the inception of this company, the owner (and his company) loaned my boss $xxx,xxx but piled on so much interest that in paying the company back, the company is now bankrupt. And the loan still isn't paid off. so, they wanted us to work for free until the loan was paid off. *yeah right* That's when we found a potential buyer. The buyer would have to take over the debt we owe to our vendors but would not make a single loan payment to our parent company.  The owner doesn't like those terms so he's refusing to sell...hence our bankruptcy. Now, the owner has gone into the company's bank account, input the password incorrectly 3 times, and locked everyone out.  He doesn't even know that my boss is deeming it a layoff so we can collect unemployment. Nor does he know that my boss has opened a separate bank account, sold off most of the property in the building to pay us our vacation days/severance, and been interviewing for other jobs. The owner didn't want us to have ANYTHING as we left, not until he got all his money. He doesn't think we deserve payroll, vacation days, severance, nothing--until he's paid back. he thinks that, when this is all over, my boss will come back to Germany and work for him for free until the balance is paid.

OCD guy's last day is Friday, but i wish you all could be here to see his OCD flare ups when things get intense. IT IS HILARIOUS!!! (seriously, its not funny, but *giggling*. no offense to those of you who are also OCD, i promise) My boss has already drafted lay-off letters for us, and he let us pick our own last day (mine is next Friday). Now everyone just kinda shows up when they want to, takes calls when they want to, return calls/emails...or not. My boss won't pay anymore bills, or take anymore orders from our customers but won't even let them know..he's just directing them to the owner for answers. On top of all that, my computer was attacked by a virus yesterday morning, so I haven't been able to do much work anyway. *smh* All this sh*t is crumbling around me, LOL. The owner seriously thinks that we're going to forfeit our own money and go down with his ship, just to pay back INTEREST on a loan. Seriously. It's just unfathomable.

this morning, he brought in donuts and invited everyone to "breakfast" for our final farewell, lol. He said "i think the owner won't fire you until last, Alandria. He will need someone to pack up all this crap leftover in the office and ship it wherever he needs it to go. So, I'm leaving to take my family on vacation to Germany. Good luck to you."  I was sure to let him know that, when he leaves, I LEAVE. Period. He just chuckled. I think he was laughing because he thought i was joking. As hot as it is outside these days, ain't no way in HELL I'm walking to and from work if I don't need to.

Maybe I'll take my family on vacation too.

No comments:

Post a Comment