Monday, March 25, 2013

#NotInMyHouse

Today was the second day of shooting the as-yet-untitled film by Ms. F. The work wasn't long, but the day was long. The production can't seem to stick to the schedule, so everything runs behind. I guess that's something I need to get used to. This is my second film (to date) and it happened on the previous film too.
But I have nothing to complain about, not even running behind. I love what I do (FINALLY!) and the only thing I would change is making more money. But I've answered an age-old question for myself that has truly set the tone for how I plan to spend the rest of my life. I've found what I'd do if money were no object and I was free to do what I want.

I love acting. I'm good at makeup. I ADORE storytelling. My job incorporates all of these things, and I'm happier than every example I've seen in every Geico commercial. Happier than a witch in a broom factory. Happier than Mutumbo blocking EVERYGAHTDAMNTHING, including that little boy's cereal. #NotinMyHouse

The hours are long, the conditions are sometimes odd because we shoot outside in the cold or the extreme heat, or in the rain, or we have to CREATE rain then PRETEND to stand outside in it. I don't do special FX makeup but twice now i've been called upon to create scars or wounds or use fake blood. I might wanna take a class on that....O_o. But, i'm the professional, and they defer to my judgment, AND they love my work so I must be doing something right. Right? I love it.

Yesterday we filmed an office scene which took place in the lobby of a mortgage company out in Short Pump. It's AMAZING that they can build sets anywhere to make them look like a completely different place. I knew they did it, but being there and seeing it made from scratch is a whole 'nutha thang. Last night, set moved to another location around 9pm -- a restaurant just across the bridge --and I did makeup and hair in the men's room on a stool under a fluorescent light. O_o Today, I was pleasantly surprised to arrive on set and discover that we were filming on location at a STOOPIT BIG ass house out in Bon Air, VA. The driveway was longer than my credit report, and it was riverside so the view was just insane. I'm beyond proud to say that I spent my morning painting faces on the deck of a beautiful mansion, enjoying the late morning breeze and listening to the soft rush of the river just a few feet away. I can't believe they pay  me to do this shit. Fa real. LOL!

I took pics, of course, but I'm too lazy to browse and choose them right at this very moment. I will later, Scout's honor. (Wait...was I ever a girl scout? I went to that one meeting when i was 9, and then...ugh. Never mind.)Today's scenes incorporated guns, flashy cars, and killer wearing a bear head (my phone died by the time we did her scenes so I didn't get that one. Sorry!) and slinging a shotgun. Niiiice!! I'm so super excited, I can barely contain all my thoughts. I'm sure I'll have more to say later, but for right now, I'm fried. Plus, I gotta get ready for tomorrow.

Love ya Hon!


BeautifulDae

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you and proud of you. To do something as a job that doesn't feel like work is one of the best things in the world.

    ReplyDelete