Sunday, July 26, 2009

New Attitude

So, as many of you know, I recently made the switch over to doing bridal makeup as well as print and editorials. And I could not be happier! I thought I would hate being around all those fire-breathing psychotic bridezillas. But, actually, the exact opposite has happened. Turns out that most brides -- read: MOST not ALL--brides are just really scared that everything will come crashing down around them on their wedding day so they are really happy to have a smiling face offering them something fun in the midst of all the turmoil that is wedding planning.

I swear, I am so glad, so thankful, so appreciative of whoever that magical person was who decided to make makeup artistry a profession. There could possibly be other jobs that I'd be good at doing, but I may not like them as much as others. There could be other jobs that I love to do (like staffing and human resources) but am not experienced in so they require additional training that i can't afford. There could also be other jobs that I'd love to do but would suck at (like being Beyonce). But, nothing in this world. that i've encountered yet does for me what makeup does. Sometimes, i cant believe i get paid to do this job. Even though it's not full time yet, I thank God for each second that i get to spend doing my job. This was the Holy Grail I spoke of in earlier years when I said that if I could just do makeup in addition to whatever day job i had to have to pay the bills, I'd be totally fine. And I am. I work in purchasing at my day job, and I do makeup on weekends. And if my day job paid a bit more than it does, I'd do this the rest of my life....that is, until Ken Barboza comes calling. *oh, and he will call*

I've found that I love being the one source of fun, entertainment, and calm that brides need on their wedding day. Everything else is sooooo crazy for them, lol, that by the time i see them, they're practically bananas! With me, they get to sit down, be pampered, be fawned over, feel like a high queen, and get up feeling like the most beautiful woman in the world for the day. Admittedly, I love how much they love me...can't lie about that, lol. But its really about them for that day, and its always an honor to be a part of that. Its a very special memory, unforgettable.

Sigh. I love my job....lol.




Be good, loves :-)


Remember, each day above ground has the potential to be a beautiful day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment