Friday, December 10, 2010

I should've just kept my big fat mouth shut.

Today, a friend and I went to my favorite day spa for pedicures. My
regular person wasn't available, but I wanted to get mine done in
tandem with my friend's because she'd never been there and was nervous about the service. I REALLY hyped this place up because I've not EVER had a bad spa experience there.

The pedicure had a  few snafus for her but it was good enough that she decided to get her brows done too. She went in the back room, I went to dry my toes (I got a bomb ass color too, from the OPI holiday collection. Its called Let Me Entertain You. I'll send pix later). About 10 minutes later she comes out, BLEEDING. I'm like WITH!!! She says "Can u believe the lady RIPPED my eyebrow ring out with wax?!"

Wait, wha??!!

I was distracted because I was on the phone so, at first, I didn't
realize the severity of the situation. She tried to sit down and dry
her toes too, but holding the cotton ball up to her bloody brow was
too upsetting, so she went to sit in the car to wait for my polish to
dry. Assuming she'd spoken to the appropriate people, I hop in the car
minutes later and we leave. By now, the area is turning purple and a
keloid is beginning to form. Her doctor's office is closed and she doesn't
know what to do. I kind of woo-woo-woo her because she's really scared of permanent scarring, and I really don't know what to say. I recommended this place to her!! I should've just kept my big fat mouth SHUT.

I felt so bad! I swear by this salon! Even though I couldn't vouch for
the person who did her brows (which was, surprise surprise, the same
person who did her pedicure) because I only go to my regular person and this girl was new, I would never have guessed that this would've
happened there.

My friend went on to say that she's had this ring for 2 yrs and had
been getting her brows waxed regularly the whole time. I asked her
what the manager said. She said "I didn't speak to the manager." I
almost fell outta the car!! You didn't talk to a manager??! She
explains that the technician put wax on the ring AND the brow, ripped
it all the way out, THEN put wax over the hole to try to stop the
bleeding. *insert Trey Songz' 'Yup!' here*.  That shit really happened. In real life.

*smh*

I'd've beat dat b*tch wit a bat, but I digress.

THEN, she says, the technician felt so bad, she handed her $20 and
said "*Vietnamese voice* U get meduhsinn!" and shooed her outta the room. Of course, I got all up in arms and demanded that we go back to at least let a mgr know what happened. I mean, you just never know.
We went back and, as we pulled up, I saw the manager heading into the bathroom, in the back of the salon.  My friend was told "The manager is not available. Leave a message."  When we'd just seen her walk in the back?? Oh hells no! I go stomping my ass in the back to find the woman that I know is the mgr, and ask her to step out front please. She gives me the "just a minute" church finger, and disappears behind a curtain. My friend, who is obviously not comfortable with confrontation, drags me out, preferring to just deal with it herself. That made NO SENSE to me--as I have zero trouble with confrontation--but once it became clear that she just wanted the whole situation over, I just let it go.  We went to CVS, she spoke to a pharmacist, and he recommended Neosporin, saying that she's not in any danger of facial deformity... so she feels a bit better now. :-/

Sigh.

Damn.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's crazy! Whenever I sice something I usually feel like I should have shut the heck up! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmph. I'll know for next time! When somebody asks me from now on, I'll say "Whichever salon you liiiike", like Vanessa Bell Calloway in Coming to America...:-/

    ReplyDelete