Thursday, February 9, 2012

Throwback post from my 30th year 2010

My favorite most favoritest most beloved season officially begins on Thursday! That's right ladies, Autumn is upon us and I, for one, could not be happier!!! *squeals of delight*

A crisp cool chill is in night air. Kids are back in school. There's jackets and boots and red lips everywhere!! I mean, seriously, how could anyone not love the loveliness of autumn. Pretty soon the leaves will begin to change, I'll begin ordering pumps, booties, and tall boots along with big hair and dark(er) makeup. *sighs dreamily*
it's truly paradise. So, of course I've been all over the Internet, scouring site after site in search of fall wardrobe pieces, and I'm practically drooling (literally) over this year's trends. As many of you know, i'm way more into hair, makeup, and accessories than I am clothes (and especially shoes because trying to find comfy yet sexy shoes for these Fred Flintstones feet is the hassle of my life) but I promised myself I would bust out of my comfort zone and find great clothes that fit well and look great on me. It's hard because I'm a tweenie (one whose body size/shape floats in that gray area between Misses and Women's...12/14/16 depending on the designer) which makes it almost impossible to shop online. I constantly go back and forth between "lose more weight/gain more weight/just forget it and shop". Either way, shopping is a hassle so previously, i avoided it. NOT THIS YEAR!! Autumn is my favorite fashion season and I WILL take advantage of it this year. Besides, it's my 30th year still and I'm determined to do 30 right, ya dig?

I haven't quite decided if I wanna go with a sexier more sophisticated dresses/heels/accessories a la Serena Van der Woodsen (can you tell I'm a GG addict??) look, an "I'm a chic unruffled Makeup Artist/Business Woman/MILF look, or a cool "i'm way too cool to be so pressed" casual look.  I think a combo of the first two mostly, maybe the latter when I'm out running errands in my free time during off days. The great thing about freelancing is that I can shop whenever I make time for it, and don't have to rush to squeeze it in after 6 before 9 or spend a whole Saturday trying to put together an outfit when i could use that time for photo shoots and fashion shows. This way, I can take my time, go to different stores/sites and put together a whole wardrobe at my leisure. I'm REALLY feelin' the SVDW look. Now, it IS possible that I've been watching entirely too much Gossip Girl; I freely admit that. HOWEVER, isn't that what good TV is for, for you to steal fashion ideas and tips and tricks for your own life? That's what I thought. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment