Thursday, February 9, 2012

Complete and Total Randomization

Just watched an episode of Braxton Family Values, the one where Trina and Gabe separate. Can I say I LOVED Trina's hair in this episode!!? Towanda is my favorite character, followed closely by Toni, but Trina is the one who, I think, has the best hair. Towanda's makeup is always EVERYTHING but her hair sometimes gives me the blues.

Speaking of giving me the damn blues, I made a bad choice when I decided to wear this straight/wavy hair in the dead of winter. My scalp is dry so it's itching like Jim Jones' ball sac the dickens but with straight hair, I have to do my braids much closer together than i do with curly hair so it will lie flat. And I can't get down into it to scratch it like I want, and before y'all ghetto asses say 'Girl, just get a pen and dig in it!" GOODBYE. I JUST finished this sew-in 7 days ago, but it's bout to come out this weekend and I'm trading it for big wild curls so I can do the braids looser and get to my scalp without looking like Damon Wayans in "Blankman".

I read an article about Viola Davis the other day and she made me think about Kevin Hart. I ABSOLUTELY adore Kevin Hart as a comedian, but more than that, i love his story. Just like Viola Davis, he's been around for a while. Been in the game for a long time, but he's just now starting to get his breaks to pay off. I can only imagine how much tenacity it takes to keep going at it day after day without the seemingly instant payoff that some celebrities seem to have. But they stuck to it, they put in their time, and they are finally getting the credit and recognition they deserve. Jeah!!!

I know this is completely unrelated and left field, even for me and my rambles, but can I just tell you how I'm laughing at my dad right now. A few weeks ago, he bought a new space heater and put it in the hallway. His bedroom is directly across from the heater. Every time I see him in the bedroom, he's bundled up so tight because it's STILL so cold. I swear he's swaddled like little 6lb 5oz Baby Jesus lying oh-so-sweetly in the manger. He's angry with the heater for not heating the whole house, particularly his bedroom. He truly doesn't understand why the SPACE HEATER isn't putting out enough heat in this wide open space to heat 2 large rooms. -__- One day, he got so angry, he yelled for me to pack it back up so he could send 'that piece of shit' back since it wasn't worth nothing. *snickering* Really Dad? Really? You mad at the space heater for not heating more than...the...space...in..front..of the...heater? Yeah. Aight. You go head with that, Dad. *smh*


Do you watch Ghost Whisperer? My best friend is OBSESSED with that show and has me hooked, even though it's gone off the air. We just watch the old episodes now. Because I'm a maniacal insomniac, and Ghost Whisperer comes on on repeat all night on WE, I watch it every night. I must confess to you: I drool over JLH. her makeup, her big hair, her fkn cleavage, that WARDROBE. I.WANT.IT.ALL!!! I'm headed over to google her and see what she's been up to.


Maybe this is part of my "soul searching"....?


later gators!



BD

No comments:

Post a Comment