Sunday, September 6, 2009

day 1

Ok, so the difference between pre-cleanse and main cleanse--besides the obvious lack of solid food--is that toxin absorber must be taken 5 times a day, in lieu of meals, and digestive stimulator is only taken once a day, an hour before bed.

Saturday, this was a really easy plan because I had no plans (thanks to my wedding cancellation) and I needed to clean up anyway. Threw on my earbuds, and got to scrubbing. I was TERRIFIED. hawking my stomach, WAITING to be hungry so i could panic. *Im ridiculous, lmao*
After a moment of panic, I went ahead and stopped focusing on it. I just monitored the time to make sure I took my TA at the right times (every 3 hours from the time you wake up which, for me, was 9:45). I cleaned the whole house, went to the bathroom in intervals, and was generally okay. I had to pee at least twice every hour, but by then, I was used to that particular side effect. What I was NOT prepared for was the INTENSE BLOATING. At one point, I was actually afraid i had been secretly impregnated like Agnes but had missed the sex part of it :~(.
The bloating is still taking a while to get used to. I took a picture of my bloated stomach, but was so grossed out by it, I'll never share it. i just kept it in a secret place so I can go back and look at it when I wanna pig out on wings; I'll need this reminder of what I don't ever want my stomach to look like again.

At one point, we left and went to the mall...which was a mistake because i forgot about the food court. It was very easy to distract myself with cleaning while i was holed up in the apt; not so much when I'm on the way to the mall, passing a mcdonald's on every corner, the bertucci's in old town, Don Pablo's in Potomac Yards, Legal Seafood and Chili's in Crystal City, THE FOOD COURT in Pentagon City mall! It was worse because I had to pee so bad by the time I got to the mall, that I had to run right THROUGH the food court to get to the bathroom. Hmph. Bastids. I went to Origins, MAC, and Coach..then I was ready to go. But, of course, Michelle wanted to stay and people-watch...on the one night, I simply can't afford to lean over the banister and stare at the ppl down in the food court. I had to go. So, to take off the edge, i got a hot chocolate from Starbucks. Its the one thing I allowed myself. No whip cream, so nothing solid. on the way home, i had to pee so bad AGAIN, i contemplated just pulling up behind a random dumpster. :-( The website suggests that you won't have an overwhelming urge to run to the bathroom all the time. While that's true about the "movements", that is definitely not true about urinating. I had to drink so much liquid, it was impossible to not have to go twice an hour. That bloating was not pretty, either. But, other than that, nothing major happened on Day 1. I didn't get hungry ONCE. not.once. I was way too bloated and full of liquids to even have room to think about eating, lol.

Day 1 was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment