Sunday, September 6, 2009

day 2

Day 2 is the Big Day. According to the site, Day 2 is the day when you're supposed to see major movement. by this time, the stomach is empty, bowels are empty, so anything that comes, comes from the colon.

Day 2 was much like Day 1 as far as hunger went. I wasn't really hungry until it got close to the time take the absorber. I took my absorber with apple juice, but the juice I drank for my "meals" was V8. So, all day I'd drink V8 and water, then apple juice with the absorber, which is always immediately followed by 16oz of water. And that was how my days went. Sunday was good practice for the work week because we went to Ikea and, thankfully I prepared, ended up being there for about 6.5 hours. So, I had to prepare to be gone from the house for hours at a time. I packed a water bottle filled with apple juice, a bottle of water, and while I was out i bought another apple juice. As soon as i got to Ikea, I scoped out restroom locations. It was not a game. I had to go as SOON as I got there, lol. Walking thru the store was really fun because neither of us had been there before, and it was really cool to put together furniture for my apt. towards the end, I had to pee real bad, lol, so i took off and left michelle and her friend in the bedroom section. that happened at least 4 times. *gross.* By the time we left, it was close to the time for me to take my next absorber, but I'd run out. The closer it got to that time, the hungrier I got. But THIS time, those hunger pangs came with headaches and dizziness and an earache. Unfortunately, i was driving us that day, and though I tried to tough it out, about a mile from our apt I had to pull over and let michelle drive cuz i just couldn't see .
Once I got in and took my absorber, i was totally fine though.
Michelle and her friend left to go out, and I was left alone. and, thankfully so. I was not prepared to see the things I saw in my toilet that night. *eyes closed, shaking my head*
"Unreal" is the word that comes to mind. I felt so awful that I'd been so horrible to my body all these years, piling processed food and Lord only knows what other kinds of junk into it, just assuming it would continue to work for me the way I needed it to. My poor colon. I felt genuinely, truly ashamed.
By the end of the night, I felt noticeably lighter. I didn't look any lighter, like I'd lost weight...but my stomach felt....different. And Hungry! I still had absorber to take so I went back to being bloated immediately after. But, i definitely felt different, internally. I could tell that I was in the thick of things because at that point, I was beginning to cramp right before every trip to the bathroom. That was the way I differentiated between a false alarm (gas) or a real alarm (um, not gas). I don't normally have cramping with my menstrual cycle so it is always news whenever I have cramping for whatever reason. As such, I don't know if what I experienced was equivalent to menstrual cramping or not, but it was PIERCING. Not pretty.
I was afraid to think of what might be left if that was what happened on Day 2...what else could there be??

No comments:

Post a Comment