Friday, December 18, 2009

Lost in Translation

Aight, so this morning, I was very inspired to do this classic Marilyn Monroe-ish glamorous eye and red lip combo.  First lemme say that I'm officially over the lighting in my bathroom.  It took me almost 45 minutes to complete this look...only to discover that it's too light for pictures (coupled with the lighting in my bathroom). But, I didn't have time to go over it, and it would've been a little darker than I wanted to wear to work today. So, this weekend, when i'm snowed in, I'll do it again, with darker colors. I wish I could find a picture to show you the look I was going for...because in my pics, it looks too basic compared to what I saw in my mind.  I had it all planned out, too...but the lighting was too bright, the colors weren't dark enough, and the red lipstick was too...ugh. Just...not what I saw in my mind.  I hate it when that happens, lol Because I know what it feels like when you nail it RIGHT on the head and that's a great feeling.

Anyway, here are the pics below.  Oh, and I'm officially done with concealer. Ive used it in every picture this week, both with the corrector and without...and it always gets into those tiny wrinkles that I can't get rid of. So, I'm done. Good thing I made this decision now, too...cuz i'm almost out and if I felt like it worked better for me, I'd run out to replace it. But, no thanks Bobbi Brown!


First, at my house, with the red lip:













And then, after I discovered that it didn't come out looking a THING like I wanted it to:


LoL, just PISSED!










And then, when I realized it didn't matter cuz it was time to go:




Once I got to work, and took off that God-awful red lipstick (don't get me wrong, I love Brave Red as well as Frenched but with the shirt I wore, the lighting and the too light colors on the eyes...it just didn't work today.)  Perhaps I could've (or rather, should've) used a darker red. Ah well, I'll try it this weekend.

Here's some more I did once I got to work, in *gag* the halogen overhead lights in the bathroom...which is even worse. By that point, i was ready to just wipe everything off and start working for the day, lol....


I think you can see the eyes a llllliiiiittle better here, but not how I wanted to see them.

And here:



Again, that is a very messy top line, but I was rushing especially because I knew the lashes would take me longer.  Usually, when I apply lashes, I line the top lash line first. It is AMAZING for adhering. but, it takes longer because it's an extra step. This morning, I lazily decided to skip that step in the spirit of trying to save time...and ended up taking double the time because lashes that don't stick initially, have to be held in place until they dry...otherwise they're all over the place. Sigh. I should've just done the extra step. Lesson LEARNT. Hmph.

Lets see. The colors here are:

Shadow base: Bare Canvas
Crease: 1.) Espresso and 2.) spiced Chocolate
Bottom Water Line:  First coat: Gesso  Second Coat: MUFE Diamond EyeShadow #306
Contour: Old Faithful, lol Blunt
Lips: First Coat: Brave Red  Second Coat: Frenched  Gloss: Who's That Lady
Lips: After I got to work and changed: Cork Liner, Purple Reign (Carol's Daughter)
Everything else is the usual.




 Lol. A mess.

Anyway, that's it for today.  I gotta get some work done because my weekend just got REAL PACKED real quick so I wont be able to stay late today.

Y'all have fun and be safe this weekend, especially if it snows. This is the last shopping weekend before Christmas so stay alert, watch your purses and wallets, and take care not to run anyone over!

Eyes to the skies, lovies!


Beautiful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment